Less than a block from Volunteer Park, this neoclassical-colonial home is truly among its peers: big, historic mansions. While its stately exterior looks virtually the same as it did when it was first built in 1906, inside, it’s gone through some major evolutions, from its posh beginnings to its decades as a boarding house and, finally, after a 15-year remodel and restoration project, as a creative return to opulent form.
For the first two decades of its existence, this home hosted a rotating cast of Seattle’s high society. It was originally built for real estate mogul Edwin F. James and his family, who brought in prestigious architecture
→ Continue reading at SeattleMet