Teen’s death after eating a single chip highlights risks of ultra-spicy foods

EnlargeSarah Dussault/MediaNews Group/The Mercury News via Getty Images

Harris Wolobah, a healthy 14-year-old from Worcester, Massachusetts, tragically died last Friday, hours after eating a single ultra-spicy tortilla chip seasoned with two of the hottest peppers in the world.

The teen’s mother, Lois Wolobah, reportedly picked up her son from school that day after getting a call from the nurse that he was sick. She arrived to see him clutching his stomach and took him home. About two hours later, he lost consciousness and was rushed to the hospital, where he died.

The teen had told his mother that he had

→ Continue reading at Ars Technica

Related articles


Share article

Latest articles