Firefighters: At least 2 residents displaced, 3 cats rescued from Spokane apartment fire

At least two residents of a 32-unit Spokane apartment complex were displaced Sunday by a fire caused by a candle placed “too close to combustibles,” according to the Spokane Fire Department.

The fire was reported at around 6:15 p.m. at the West 315 Apartments on Mission Avenue and Washington Street.

The caller reported smoke from a second-floor apartment window and a fire alarm going off, according to the fire department.

Firefighters arrived within five minutes to a blaze on the second floor of the three-story apartment building.

The building, according to the fire department, is equipped with a fire and life safety system that includes a commercial fire sprinkler

→ Continue reading at The Spokesman-Review

Related articles


Share article

Latest articles